Here I am with another tag – this the “50 things that make me happy” tag :D. I was tagged by the beautiful @wanderingpaige on twitter (she has a blog too – http://www.wanderthroughpaiges.wordpress.com) – have a read – she is an absolute BABE. I loved reading through her things, and it really made me wander about all the things in my life that make me happy! Lets go 😀
- My husband – this was the first thing that came to my mind. He has been my best friend for almost 7 years, and 2 years ago he became my husband. Getting to spend every single day with this man makes me the happiest girl ever (Ahhh I know I am getting cheesy here!)
- Blogging – I look forward to blogging/catching up on blogs every single day, and it makes me so happy to be able to log on after work and interact with so many of you I have come across in this blogging community!
- Tea – I have just had a lovely cuppa, and it makes me feel so relaxed and warm on a cold evening
- Speaking of tea – hot chocolate also makes me very happy 🙂
- Reading lovely comments on my blog/Instagram – you guys are honestly the best and make me smile everyday 🙂
- Blankets – My life would not be complete without fuzzy blankets – nothing makes me happier that cuddling in one after a long day at work
- Kittens – If my old work buddies read this, they will know the obsession I had with kittens, and how happy they make me! Just google kittens, and I can guarantee you will be smiling 🙂
- Watching the sun rise/set – I find this so relaxing and I recently watched the sunrise on the beach – and nothing beat how happy I felt that morning!
- New clothes – Ahhhhh new clothes make me SO happy – the feeling you get when you hang up your new clothes 😀
- Organizing my room/drawers/cupboard – Now some people may find this a chore, but I love keeping things organized and neat – it makes me smile to see everything looking clean & tidy 🙂
- Lush baths – these are the BEST on a cold evening
- Seeing the people I love getting what they want/dream of in life – Seeing my husband graduate (after 5 years of hard work) was probably one of the happiest moments in my life EVER
- Exploring new places – Whether it is a new city or a new country park – I love discovering new places,
- My job – For a few years, I wasn’t happy in the job I had, but recently I have started working in HR, and it actually makes me happy to wake up every morning and go to work. I no longer suffer from “Sunday night blues” – I think it is so important to have a job that makes you happy, not one that has you counting down the hours until home time!
- Heeled boots – These babies make me so happy – being a short girl, I do like heels. Unfortunately I am such a bad heel wearer, but heeled boots have solved this problem – they are SO comfortable to wear all day, and look amazing!
- Sleeping – I love sleep. That is all.
- Autumn – It is my favourite season, and everything about it makes me so happy
- Krispy Kreme doughnuts – Every time I have one of these – it makes me so happy. I always stick to the “original” glazed ones though.
- Family – My family are so supportive of what I do, and I really do not know where I would be without them
- Fresh bed sheets – The feeling of snuggling into bed when you have fresh sheets – it has me smiling just thinking about it 🙂
- Looking at old photos – I LOVE looking at old photos, and the memories that they bring back
- Music – I love listening to music on my way to work – I have my playlist on shuffle – and when an old favourite comes on – Memories just come back and have me smiling! I think it is so amazing how music can just take you back to a special moment in your life.
- Laughing – This may sound obvious – but it makes me so happy when you have those people in your life that can make you laugh until you cry
- Candles – Having a candle burning (especially at this time of year) makes me so happy! It gives such a relaxing feel to any room 🙂
- Making lists – I love making lists so much, it really helps keep everything organised – and being able to tick things of these lists makes me so happy!
- Chocolate – Everybody knows chocolate makes you happy 🙂
- Takeaway Fridays – I look forward to this every week – there is nothing better than having a takeaway on a Friday night!
- When your winged eyeliner is perfect – Nothing makes me happier than having both my eyes looking the same
- Pamper nights – I LOVE putting aside a few hours every week to just relax and spend time pampering myself. This usually consists of a Lush bath, hot chocolate, fuzzy PJ’s and face masks!
- Hugs – I am an affectionate person and love cuddles so much!
- Buying people gifts – I love buying people gifts, and actually think I get more excited than them when they are opening a gift I have got them!
- Stationary – I love stationary shopping – My desk at work currently has an owl pen pot, a post-it note drawer and a lot of colourful pens/pens with owls/other animals on them..
- Owls also make me very happy
- Ironing – I actually find ironing very therapeutic 🙂
- I love fairy lights, and the relaxing vibe they give to any room
- Lazy weekends – Spent in your pj’s, watching movies/tv shows/youtube videos – these do make me so happy
- Catching up – When you see/meet someone you have not seen in so long – and catching up on everything you have missed out on 🙂
- Pay day 😉 – I don’t need to explain why this makes me happy
- DIY projects – I LOVE working on cute projects, such as crocheting, making my own pen pots, decorating glass jars/old boxes… being creative makes me very happy 🙂
- Sunny weather – Although I LOVE Autumn, I also love the summer so much.
- Going on holiday – I think I am due a holiday very soon – something about just getting away from life for a while and relaxing .. It really does make you happy, and sometimes it is just what you need 🙂
- Getting into a good TV series – I LOVE when you discover a new TV show, and you just want to spend all day watching every episode – examples include Game of Thrones and Supernatural 🙂
- Snow – The snow makes me so happy!
- Cozy evenings in – As much as I love going out for dinner – nothing makes me happier than spending a quite night in, watching TV and eating crappy food. I would much rather stay in, wearing my warmest PJ’s and catching up with everyone.
- My phone – I have instant access to my blog/social media/emails/contacts – THIS THING MAKES ME HAPPY
- Weekends – As much as I love working – nothing beats the feeling of waking up on Saturday morning, knowing you have 2 whole days to do whatever you want 🙂
- Scary movies – These are my favourite type of movies to watch, and I love getting terrified!
- Food – Food makes me so happy – especially spicy food 🙂
- My car – Although I only have a little Corsa – my car makes me so happy. It gets me to work and back, and takes me wherever I want to go without having to rely on public transport/anybody else. I love the independence and freedom it gives me.
- Memories of my wedding – it was the happiest day of my life, and I love looking back at photos/videos/listening to my wedding playlist.
Wow… there you have it 50 things that make me happy ! I tag EVERYONE reading this, as I want to know what makes all of you happy 🙂
Lots of love,
Image from: http://melbourne.sundayassembly.com/2014/07/24/happiness/