Happy Monday!! Hope you all have had a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!! Who got some sun? I was SO happy that Sunday was SUCH a beautiful day … it definitely felt like Spring had arrived.. lets just hope it lasts ey? To make the most of the weather.. I took some outfit photos (as you do)… and OF COURSE this one had to be a Spring appropriate outfit too… so make sure to keep your eyes out for that lovelies!
Right… I cannot even tell you how EXCITED I am for this blog post. For those of you who do not know.. I LOVE getting crafty and working on DIY projects… I LOVE creating things out of old jars, boxes and tins, as well as getting out my sewing machine and making my own make up bags and pillowcases! Might I add I am quite nifty at crocheting too :D. I just WISH I had more time to spend on making things! So… with Spring arriving.. I thought WHY NOT show my lovely blogging babes how to make some DIY projects!?
So.. of course I thought.. what is something that probably EVERYONE has after winter time (I am talking candle jars, gift boxes, plenty of decorative paper.. and maybe some glitter?). Don’t worry if you don’t have this stuff lying around lovelies.. I will give you some tips/advice on where you can find all of this for VERY CHEAP !
Now.. the things that I will be showing you how to make will include make-up storage and some pretty Spring decor for your room! So take a peek below angels…
What You Will Need/Where To Pick It Up From:
- Jars – You can pick these up from your kitchen.. come on guys we all have empty pasta sauce/jam jars. For all you candle obsessed people (ahem.. myself).. I am sure you will have jars stashed away in your cupboards!
- Metallic Spray Paint – Any craft store (even places like Wilkinsons, The Range and B&M.. and if you have time/the patience.. Ebay.)
- Glitter – I picked up mine from a craft store and B&M. If you want .. you can buy in bulk on Ebay. Of course darlings.. you can get whatever colours you want!
- Craft Beads – Poundland.. MY FACE WHEN I SAW THESE … I was originally going to use rice and dye it with food colouring (which is also a FAB and easy idea!)
- Fake Flowers – I picked up mine from Wilkinsons, but any homeware/craft store do these! These are ESSENTIAL for making your room look Spring-y (is this even a word? Ha!)
- PVA glue – Craft store… you can also pick this up from a Poundshop too in the kid’s craft section!
- Masking Tape – YOU WILL HAVE THIS IN A DRAWER HIDDEN AWAY SOMEWHERE
- Ugly photoframes – I picked all mine up from a charity shop. Charity shops are AMAZING for finding jars/frames.. and just anything that needs a revamp! AND everything is SUPER CHEAP..YAY!
- Shoe boxes – Us bloggers will have plenty stashed away under our beds
- Pretty paper
- Hot Glue Gun – This is ESSENTIAL.. this glue is SO strong and easy to use! TRUST ME.. if you LOVE DIY projects.. it is worth picking one up!
OK LET’S GET ON TO THE FUN PART! I will talk you through how to make a few different things.. but honestly as long as you have the things above.. it is ALL YOU and how creative you want to get! I think that is what I LOVE about DIY… you can literally make something exactly the way you want it.. there are no rules so GO WILD!
Literally the best thing you can have to start a DIY… you can make SO many things with these! BUT FIRST.. how do you get leftover wax/labels off? Well…
- Put the jar in the freezer for half an hour
- Tap the jar on the bottom and the wax will fall straight out! You might need to get your scissors out and cut up the wax so it is small enough to take out of the jar! Just watch your fingers loves!
- To remove the label.. use some hot, soapy water and remove what you can of the label. Then, use nail polish remover to remove any glue. Nail polish remover is AMAZING for removing leftover glue/paint!
So… let’s talk you through how to make some BEAUTIFUL JARS!
This is on of my FAVOURITE things I made because it is just SO EASY! All I did was apply a thin layer of PVA glue (TRUST ME.. you only need a thin layer!) to the bottom half of the jar.. and sprinkle some silver glitter on! I left it to dry overnight.. filled it halfway with my craft beads.. and then placed my brushes in! OH.. don’t forget to spray ANYTHING glittery with hairspray so you don’t get fallout! Yay!!!
So.. I wanted to use jars to make some pretty Spring decor for my room. So.. I made one glittery one and one silver one! For the glittery one.. all I did was spray paint the jar gold.. applied PVA glue ALL over the jar and then sprinkle a mixture of gold and silver glitter! SO EASY! For the silver one… I drew out some hearts on some masking tape and stuck them onto the jar. I then spray painted the jar silver.. left to dry and VOILA! I then put the fake flowers in.. and your room INSTANTLY looks more cheery!
Cotton Pad and Q-Tip Holder♥
Now.. I LOVE having my cotton pads and q-tips on display.. I think it is SO much quicker and easier to find them, rather than digging around in your drawers! I also think it gives your room a slightly more “spa-like” feel… do you guys know what I mean? I hope so!! These are SO SO EASY TO MAKE.. this is where your masking tape comes in handy! For the cotton pad holder.. put some masking tape round the bottom of the jar … and spray paint the top half. Once this has dried, hot glue gun some cute little stickers all around! Woo! For the q-tip holder.. apply some masking tape to the middle of a little jar and spray paint it gold. Once it is dry.. apply a thin layer of PVA glue to the middle, sprinkle some glitter on and then hairspray to set once it is dry! I honestly LOVE both of these so so much!!
Teacup Lipstick Holder♥
I thought of this DIY when I saw some teacups in a charity shop… it also reminded me of Beauty and the Beast!! So… this was also SO easy to make! I applied a thin layer of PVA glue on the top of the cup, sprinkled some glitter on and left to dry! Then.. half fill it with craft beads.. and hairspray the glitter! Arrange your favourite products as you like.. and there you have a Disney inspired holder for all your lipsticks!
Pretty Photo Frames – GREAT storage for your perfumes/everyday makeup!♥
This is one of my favourite projects to do because I think the end result is absolutely stunning.. and they add a real “luxury” feel to your makeup storage! So.. get your photo frames and remove the glass so you are just left with the wooden bit! All I did with mine was spray paint them and sprinkle glitter all over! Once they had dried.. I put some pretty paper in the frame (where you would normally put your picture).. and then used them as pretty makeup trays!! You can do SO MUCH with these and really customize them.. give it a go loves!
Nail Polish Holder♥
I found this glass tray with a lid from a charity shop – I think it is actually a small oven dish (hehe!). This was SO easy to make too… I just sprayed the bottom with the silver paint, and for the lid.. I put PVA glue over it and sprinkled glitter on it! Once it had dried.. I hot glued a small drawer handle onto it so I could open it easily! And.. it is done! You have an ADORABLE little tray with a lid… perfect for lipsticks or nail polishes!
Now.. It is SO easy to make shoe boxes look pretty AND they make FAB storage for the inside of your drawers! All I did with mine was spray paint it white (you can glue some pretty paper on it if you want!).. then made little compartments by cutting up the lid of the box and sizing them up to make the sizes I wanted! I glued some pretty paper on the bottom of the box and also on the sides… then hot glued them to they were secure! You can make SO many of these so all your drawers are organized.. everyone has boxes/cardboard lying around.. you may as well make the most of them hehe!
So lovelies… there you have some inspiration to use up your old jars/boxes AND make your room/dressing table look pretty, organized and ALL SET FOR SPRING! Should we see how it all looked?
Quick secret though guys… this set up is in my mum’s room (it has the best lighting hehe!!)… as my room is RUBBISH for taking pictures!! I LOVE the look of everything though! I would LOVE to know what you think AND also if you have a go at making some!
So angels… I hope you enjoyed this…. make sure to leave me a comment to let me know if you give any a go!
Right darlings.. let’s have a quick catch up before I go ey? I am SO ready for Spring.. so be prepared to see some Spring outfits AND my make-up faves for this season! Also… let me know if you have any Spring trends you are looking forward to! I am hoping to buy a few essentials for Spring so will definitely put up a haul post once I do! Also.. guess what angels? I have A WEEK OFF WORK NEXT WEEK (Easter week).. so that literally means a week of relaxing, blogging, getting myself organized AND just everything I don’t have time to do when I am at work! Cannot wait WOOP!
I am going to love you and leave you know lovelies.. so have a wonderful week and I will see you in my next one!!
Lots of Love,
Twitter // Instagram // Blog Lovin ♥